Welcome to Tuckahoe!
We are glad you have decided to join us for some year-round fun at Tuckahoe. This guide is meant to provide a one-stop place for your questions and help you get ready to use all of the facilities at the club. Spend a few minutes to read through this and you’ll be ready to utilize the club to the fullest!
First and foremost, the Tuckahoe Recreation Club By-laws can be found here. BYLAWS
Online Member Portal
- Members! You are now able to keep your contact information up to date. This is the information that will be used for emails about events and updates as well as emergency communication if needed. Email email@example.com with questions.
- Every log-in uses the password you set up when you joined
- Renew and pay annual dues for your membership each year
- Request to add/delete family members
- Update emails, addresses, member photos
- Purchase Guest Passes, Request to rent space for private parties, etc.
Parking is free.
- There are two parking lots; one in front of the Summer Bath House, and one in front of the Winter Bath House/Tennis Courts.
- During swim/dive meets, parking does get limited, however the club usually closes during swim/dive meets to accommodate the spectators.
- For swim/dive meets, when Tuckahoe closes – we usually have another club in the area host our members while our pool is closed for the event.
- Please read through the Policies and Procedures and become familiar with them before visiting the club. You can find the Policies and Procedures here. POLICIES AND PROCEDURES.
- Pool Hours can change throughout the summer due to weather and events at the club. Always check the website home page banner or call the pool if the weather is questionable.
- The swim team, dive team, and lap swimmers have reserved lanes at certain hours (there are always lap lanes available). Other than that, everyone else must share the pools. If there is a concern, please bring it to the attention of the guards and don’t try to address it yourself.
- During the off-season, the Indoor Pool is closed every weekday from 3:30-5:30 for Machine Aquatics. Please see our Hours of Operations HERE.
- During summer hours, guards will call break for anyone under the age of 14 at the top of each hour, and they must break for 15 minutes.
- All children 8 and under must have passed an evaluation by a guard in order to swim alone in the big pool.
- Children under 8 years old will be admitted to the pool grounds only when they are accompanied by a responsible person at least 14 years old.
- Children 8 through 13 will be admitted to the pool grounds unaccompanied by a responsible person only after the child has passed the Basic Swim Test.
- Children 14 and older will be admitted to the pool grounds unaccompanied.
We are very fortunate to be able to extend the summer season if the weather is nice. We open our Outdoor Pools the Memorial Day weekend, and we close the Outdoor Pools around the first week of October, depending on weather and member demand. Members are allowed to bring guests to the pool with them, (up to 10 per day), with the purchase of guest passes. If you want to bring more than 10 guests, you must rent a space with the Facility Rental Form.
Communication and Calendars
We use email to communicate social events and updates from the club. Make sure we have your correct email address and you are receiving the emails.
The Calendars for the respective events at the pool are on their own pages and you can look on the main calendar and click on view categories to limit the view to what you want to view. You can find this info on the calendar:
Guests are welcome to accompany you to the pool. Read more about Guests at the pool here.
Please purchase your guest passes in your account before you arrive at the pool. You can also purchase them at the Front Desk once you arrive at the club.
Questions? Email the General Manager, Rob Castorri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calling all Tuckahoe Families! Now that summer is quickly approaching, we can start to think about the fun things our families can do this summer at Tuckahoe.
Why not try out for the Tuckahoe Swim Team?
The Tuckahoe Tigers Swim Team offers great opportunities for children ages 5-18 to improve their swimming skills, their overall physical ﬁtness
and to have FUN! It is wonderful to watch kids of all ages cheer and support one another in exciting swim and social events from Monday night
swim meets, to Swim Team late night skits and dancing at the Tuckahoe Ball. To get in touch with the Team Representative drop a note to Tuckahoeswimteam@gmail.com
Tuckahoe is continuing to offer dive practices with great coaches during the off season. We’ve designed our practices for a range of divers – everyone from kids who want to give diving a try to divers wanting to learn new skills between the summer seasons to those getting ready for high school tryouts. All divers are welcome – all experience levels – Tuckahoe members and non-members alike! In response to feedback, we have modified and added practice times/dates to make it more convenient for your schedules. All scheduling and payments are online allowing registration, coach availability, and equipment availability to update in real time. To get in touch with a Team Representative drop a note to email@example.com
Tuckahoe Recreation Club
1814 Great Falls St, McLean, VA 22101
WINTER DIVE PRACTICE SCHEDULE
(Always CLICK HERE for the most accurate availability)
- Our Hill area, Patio, Tennis Courts, and Yoga Room are available for members to rent throughout the Pool Season and off season. Any group over 10 is considered a party and must complete a facility rental form and get approval. Under the pavilion is considered shared space and all groups must share it. There is no reserved space under the Pavilion.
- The grills are first come first served. If there are multiple families waiting, please make room on the grill for them. And remember NO GLASS at the pool!
- Food and drink are only to be consumed on the Hill and under the pavilion and patio area.
The snack bar is stocked with plenty of food and drinks for your consumption. Ice cream is the biggest seller! We will have fresh salads this season as long as they prove to be popular. Members may pay for your snack bar purchases with cash or on account.
Please enjoy our spacious playground with lots of shade trees! All children must be monitored by parents while on the play equipment.
- The ping pong table is open to all. Register with the front desk to get the paddles
- The corn hole game is open to all. Register with the front desk to get the beanbags.
- Putt Putt Golf is available to all. Register with front desk to get putter and ball.
- Tether Ball is available to all.
Flick N Float Nights
We have Flick N Floats every Saturday night in the summer from 7pm-9pm. Parents must be watching their children if they are under 14 years old; any child over 14 can be unaccompanied at the pool.
Tuckahoe Recreation Club is governed by an elected volunteer Board of Directors. New Members are welcome and encouraged to consider volunteer roles. Are you ready to serve on the board? If an area interests you, please reach out to the relevant board member to find out how you can help!
Members renew their memberships each year. In March of each year, the Membership Chair will email all members when the renewal period opens. You will log in and pay the dues by the deadline of April 30th. Renewals received after the deadline will have an automatic $100 late fee added to their member account, and there is a deadline of _____________ for the account to be inactivated and closed. Failure to renew your membership could result in having to pay the initiation fee again and go back on the wait list. Members can also opt to place their membership on hold and should be in touch with the Membership Director to discuss their situation (moving, work relocation, etc.). Questions about membership should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you on deck!