TENNIS COURT RULES AND OPERATING PROCEDURES
(Effective April 20th until further notice. These rules and procedures are on a test basis only and will be reviewed daily. Members’ adherence to these guidelines will help to assure continuation of the courts remaining open)
WE RECOMMEND YOU VISIT THE USTA LINK FOR PLAYING TENNIS SAFELY TIPS AND RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Hours of Operation – Monday through Sunday from 8 am to 9 pm.
- Reservations Required – Call the club to reserve courts for up to a week in advance (only one reservation at a time) on a first come, first served basis. Each person playing on a reservation must be identified over the phone and have a current photo showing up on their account. In addition, for each persons first time to reserve a court, they must read and sign THE TENNIS COURT PROVISIONAL RULES AGREEMENT. CLICK HERE TO PRINT AND SIGN THE TENNIS COURT PROVISIONAL RULES AGREEMENT AND EMAIL BACK TO FRONT DESK AT: FRONTDESK@TUCKAHOE.NET. Club may cancel any reservation and all play due to weather conditions making the area unsafe.
- Limitations on Play – Each member is allowed one tennis reservation per day
- Check-in – On the day of play, call the front desk to check-in and get a court assignment for the entire group. Each person playing must be identified over the phone and have a current photo showing up on their account (contact Patty to learn how to add your own photo to your account). Members should not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to their scheduled reservation.
- Court and Facility Maintenance – The club house will be minimally staffed but remain closed for use by members during those hours that the courts are open, except for emergencies.
- Restrooms and Locker Rooms – Family restroom in the reception area will be open to use for emergencies only. Locker rooms are closed.
- Guest Policy – NO GUEST WILL BE PERMITTED
- Court Condition and Amenities – No benches, water jugs, trash cans, score boards, or court sweeps will be available on the courts. All gates are to remain open during the day, so members need not handle the gate doors.
- Backboard and junior court/basketball court – The practice backboard is open as are the junior courts and the basketball court (limited to only one player at a time).
- COVID 19 – Members should not use the tennis courts/basketball courts if they are experiencing any of the symptoms associated with COVID 19 or have been in contact with someone with COVID 19 in the prior two weeks.
- Singles Play – Singles play is permitted on all courts (limited to 60 minutes when others are waiting), including simultaneously on double battery courts (2&3 and 5&6).
- Doubles Play – Doubles will only be permitted on courts 1 and 4 only (limited to 90 minutes when others are waiting). Doubles will only be permitted by and among the same household family members for now.
- Lessons – TRC approved Pros only are authorized and allowed to give individual lessons or group lessons (limited to family members only). The Pros will pick up all balls or provide a ball hopper for student to use. Ball hoppers will be thoroughly cleaned after each lesson.
- Hygiene and Social Distancing – All players should thoroughly wash or sanitize their hands before entering and after leaving the tennis courts (Members should also expect to bring their own hand cleanser, hand sanitizer, and/or anti-septic wipes). Players must adhere to all governmental and CDC social distancing rules (e.g., six feet distance, not gather in groups of more than 10) and otherwise avoid direct contact with players both on and off the court. Upon completion of play, all players must exit the tennis and club facilities – do not congregate in the parking lot. Please take all trash when leaving the court. Also, we strongly recommend that you do not touch your face until you’ve had a chance to wash or sanitize your hands thoroughly.
- Water Bottles and Towels – Members need to bring their own water bottles and towels and remove them upon completion of play.
- Tennis Balls – Each player (or family if playing together) must use a new can of tennis balls and/or clearly mark their balls. Players must only serve with their own tennis balls. It is strongly encouraged to use methods to pick up balls that do not require touching them with bare hands to prevent possible contamination.
- Changing Ends of the Court – Players are encouraged not to change ends of the court during play or change from the opposite side from their opponent(s).
- Failure to Comply – Any member found to be in violation the rules will be subject to a suspension of playing privileges for the entire family, and to all other penalties permitted under the Club’s Bylaws.
In coordination with Tuckahoe’s legal representation and in compliance with the governor’s previous directive, we are going to open our courts for members’ use only. In order to maintain a safe environment while open, please remember to adhere to the CDC’s, social distancing guidelines as well as follow the guidelines presented above. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us keep our tennis courts available for use.