Tuckahoe Dive Team
Want to join the Flying Tigers and experience what it’s like to dive through the air and splash into the water? No experience required!
The Tuckahoe Flying Tigers compete in NVSL Dive Division 4. We would love to see last year’s divers return for another fun-filled summer and we are excited to welcome many new divers to our team! Our program emphasizes teaching children (ages 5-18) the proper technique for safe diving while introducing a love for the sport through competition.
We are fortunate to welcome Shannon Eagan as our head coach this summer. Shannon has an extraordinary coaching history and we are very lucky to have her lead our team.
Saira Smith, Karen Shinskie, and Liz Bailey will serve as the Dive Team Reps. Contact them at email@example.com
New this year: we are using TeamSnap to manage registration, communication, volunteer assignments, and events. You must download the app to stay informed.
Dive Team Fees and costs
Register early and save!
- March: $150 per diver
- April: $175 per diver
- May: $200 per diver
- These fees will cover the cost of practices and meet supplies, T-shirts, team socials, and other team swag. Please register by May 1 to ensure the preferred T-shirt size.
- You can purchase the new 2022 Tuckahoe team swimsuits at Sport Fair on Langston Blvd in Arlington.
- We rely on parent volunteers to run our meets and events, and to facilitate a smooth season. You will be asked what type of work you would prefer to help with during registration. NVSL holds training clinics so don’t worry that you won’t know how to do the work. We only ask about 5 hours per family so please help out. If you are absolutely unable to assist, there is an opt-out fee.
- Registration must be completed and the NVSL waiver read and checked before your child can dive with the team.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or help with registration
Team Practice Schedule
- May 23- June 10 M-F
- 11 and over: 4:30pm- 5:30pm
- 10 and under: 5:30pm- 6:30pm
- June 4 10-12pm
- drop-in general make up practice
- June 13- July 19 M-F
- 9- 11 year olds: 9am- 10am
- 8 and under 10am- 10:45am
- 12 and ups: 10:45- 11:30am
- M, W, F, 3:30pm- 4:30pm by pre approval only
- We have a limited number of spaces for those who want to dive but are engaged in summer-long morning activities outside of Tuckahoe swim and tennis programs. We have made every effort to coordinate with the swim and tennis programs so that members can participate in all activities offered at Tuckahoe.
- July 20- July 22
- Divisional divers only
- July 25- July 29
- All-Star divers only
Dive Team Requirements
- No experience necessary! We welcome new divers.
- Kids ages 5-18 (as of June 1) are welcome to join the team if they can jump off the board and swim to the side of the pool.
- Divers must be members of Tuckahoe Recreation Club in good standing.
Black and Gold
Our competitive season kicks off with the Black and Gold- a practice meet for our divers. It’s also a practice meet for volunteers to get comfortable with the various jobs required to run a meet.
Developmental or “B meets” are on Thursday nights for those divers who either did not dive in the Tuesday A meet or did not place in the top three for their age group in the A meet. For home meets, Divers should arrive by 4:00 pm for warm-up. For away meets, Divers should report to the host pool by 5:00 pm for warm-up.
“A Meets” are on Tuesday nights and are reserved for qualifying divers that have demonstrated the ability to do specific levels of dives based on age group. Our Head Coach may only select a maximum of 26 divers per meet in NVSL Dual Meets. Coaches will coordinate with each diver on whether they have qualified for A meets and communicate out which meets they can participate in. For Home meets, Divers should arrive by 4:00 pm for warm-up. For away meets, Divers should report to the host pool by 5:00 pm for warm-up.
Black and “Old”
Our end of season celebration where the adults dive and kids judge! Save July 24th for this super fun event with paper plate awards, trophies, potluck dinner and costume dive show.
Home Warm Up: 4 – 5pm
Away Warm Up: 5 – 6pm
6/17 Black + Gold (4 – 7pm) – Home
6/21 Wakefield Chapel (4 – 8pm) – Home A Meet
6/23 Chesterbrook (5 – 8pm) – Away B Meet
6/28 Dominion Hills (5 – 8pm) – Away A Meet
6/30 Highlands (4 – 8pm) – Home B Meet
7/5 Mansion House (4 – 8pm) – Home A Meet
7/7 Donaldson Run (5 – 8pm) – Away B Meet
7/12 Highlands (5 – 8pm) – Away A Meet
7/14 Overlee (4 – 8pm) – Home B Meet
7/19 Crosspointe (5 – 8pm) – Away A Meet
7/24 Divisionals (7am) – Home
7/31 All Stars
NVSL AGE GROUPS
- Freshmen 10 and under – Front dive, back dive, one optional dive
- Junior 11-12 – Front dive, back dive, two optional dives
- Intermediate 13-14 – Front dive, back dive, three optional dives
- Senior 15 and up – Front dive, back dive, inward dive, and three optional dives
Please contact email@example.com for more information