Tuckahoe offers youth tennis teams for all its members from our littlest members to 18 yrs of age. Developmental and Competitive Teams are available for all age groups.
Not sure what team to sign your child up for? Here are some guidelines provided by our Tennis Pros to help you out.
Competitive Team or Developmental Team?
Please sign up for either the Competitive Team or the Developmental team. The coaches will review all registrations to ensure your child is placed in the right group.
The Competitive team will be the group from which coaches pull kids to play in the official Tyson’s Cup matches each week. Their practices will focus on stroke refinement, strategy, serve technique, and hitting balls with increased pace and spin.
The Developmental team will focus more on stroke fundamentals and technique. The coaches’ goal will be to ensure all Developmental team members are prepared to play intra-squad or scrimmage matches by the end of the season.
Here’s how to tell which group your child belongs in:
- Players who play tennis year-round
- Players who have competed in USTA, UTR, or high school matches
- Players who have played in Tuckahoe Tysons Cup matches in previous summers
- Players must know how to serve, rally competitively, and keep score at an age-appropriate level
- There will be red ball, orange ball, green dot and yellow competitive team members
- Players who are new to tennis or have only played sporadically
- Players who are not yet ready to play matches
- Players who want a greater focus on fundamentals
- Developmental players will largely be red ball, orange ball, and green dot ball players
To complete your registration, you must sign up for a regular season practice session.
Please sign your child up for the appropriate group (competitive or developmental) and age group practice (use the age of your child as of June 1, 2022). Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your child’s placement and we will get a coach’s answer ASAP. Please include any information about your child’s past tennis experience in the email.